Saturday 29 June 2019

Search WhatsApp Messages on iPhone

I recently had urgent need to search for a snippet of information in my WhatsApp message history.

How to do this was not obvious and I ended up off on a tangent, searching google for how to search WhatsApp. Unfortunately the results were long-winded articles beginning with an introduction to WhatsApp, why one would want to use it and so on, riddled with adverts and clickbait. When I finally scrolled down to the part containing the information I needed, it was incorrect - perhaps written for an old version of the app.

How to search through WhatsApp messages on iOS - concise version

  1. Go to the chat or group containing the messages that you want to search
  2. Tap the contact or group name at the top
  3. The "Group Info" or "Contact Info" screen opens. Third down is Chat Search, tap this link
  4. Enter the search text.
  5. The search is case-insensitive. You can move up/down through the matches using ^ v buttons to the left of the match counter

I hope this helps someone needing a quick answer to a simple problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment